Use a Pet Care Professional for your pet-care needs.
If you’re like us, you want the best for your pets while you’re away, whether it’s for work or play! You’ve probably considered various pet-care options, from asking for help from a family member to hiring a professional pet sitter. For pet owners who want the best care for their pets and who want the peace of mind. Using an educated, responsible pet-care providers is a great choice!
Now, even if our services aren’t ideal for you or your pet’s situation, we want to ensure you have the information you need to choose a professional pet sitter that is right for you and your pets. With the help of PSI (Pet Sitter’s International), this article will walk you through what to look for when choosing a pet care professional.
What does a pet sitter do?
But, what is pet sitting?
“Pet sitting” is defined as “the act of caring for a pet in its own home while the owner is away.” Dog walking is also a form of pet sitting since it involves coming to the pet’s home to provide exercise and companionship.
There are multiple choices for what kind of care your pet needs. This includes visits, boarding, overnight stays, and everything in between.
During the pet-sitting visits, pet sitters perform a variety of tasks, including:
- Feeding the pets and changing their water bowls
- Providing exercise and enrichment
- Basic husbandry including litterboxes and ‘poo duty’
- Administering pet medications, if needed
- Providing lots of love and attention
- Pet sitters may also perform other tasks as requested by the pet owners.
Why should you only use a professional pet sitter?
As more and more online pet-sitter directories become available, it is important to research any site you are considering using to find a pet sitter and pay special attention to the service providers listed
Consider these questions:
- Does the site have requirements for listing?
- Are the service providers listed professional businesses or does the site accept listings from kids, college students, and other non-professional sitters?
- Does the site differentiate between professional and non-professional sitters?